- ChainTab Prep.
- 8 in 1 ChainTab
- 10 in 1 ChainTab
- Captured ChainTab
- Flat TabMail
- Flat TabMail (Reinforced)
- Banded Tab
- Banded TabMail
- Simple Banded Tab
- Flat TabScale
- Flat TabScale (Reverse)
- Double Flat Tabscale
- TabScale (Reverse)
- TabScale (Inverse)
- Double TabScale
- PopScale Prep
The TabScales are all 5th Gen weaves made to counter the “flatness rigidity” of Banded TabMail and Flat TabMail Reinforced. It allows for a lot more bendability although it’s much weaker. Hence why I typically use it for connection pieces of joints and my cape (which looks better being allowed to move more like fabric). This uses 16 ga 1/4 AR 4.2 Bright Aluminum Rings I purchase mine from TheRingLord, but as long as they are 1/4 and 14-18 ga any ring should work fine. I chose Bright Aluminum to match properly with the aluminum can tabs.
- Difficulty: 2/5 – The only real difficulty is mixing up this and TabScale Reverse especially if you do them soon after another. You can often do a whole row and end up with something closer to TabScale Inverse.
- Flexibility: 4/5 – It bends outward, but not inward
- Tabs per sq. ft: ~325
- Rings per sq. ft: ~650
1. Lay the tabs out with the second row on top of the first placing them halfway between each tab.
2. You then put a tab through the top of the 1st tab and the middle of 2nd tab.
3. Then continue out for whatever width you want.
4. Simply keep up the same process for height.
5. I lengthened this because working with narrow weaves of this is difficult. Typically I start wide and make a pyramid shape going in each row and leaving the edges for after. (Again this is for speed and feel while building)
6. Then it’s simply going up as you wish, connecting 2 swatches is easy enough as long as the 2 sides are alternating at the edges.
Welcome!My name is John Andrews and this is my personal site. It's mostly about video games I've worked on, but also has a bunch of stuff on chainmail with soda cans, and anime reviews. Feel free to download, play, and contact me about these games, or anything else - like giraffes.