- ChainTab Prep.
- 8 in 1 ChainTab
- 10 in 1 ChainTab
- Captured ChainTab
- Flat TabMail
- Flat TabMail (Reinforced)
- Banded Tab
- Banded TabMail
- Simple Banded Tab
- Flat TabScale
- Flat TabScale (Reverse)
- TabScale (Reverse)
- TabScale (Inverse)
- Double TabScale
- PopScale Prep
- Double Flat Tabscale
This was my first foray into using rings larger that 16ga 1/4. I wanted something that was stable, but worked like a scale mail without being too tight like Double TabScale. This uses 16 ga 1/4 AR 4.2 & 16 ga 5/16 AR 5.3 Bright Aluminum Rings I purchase mine from TheRingLord. I chose Bright Aluminum to match properly with the aluminum can tabs.
- Difficulty: 4/5 – It’s simple enough simply connecting the bands, but for the size it can take a while.
- Flexibility: 4/5 – It doesn’t bend inward that much, but is otherwise very flexible.
- Tabs per sq. ft: ~700
- 1/4 Rings per sq. ft: ~550
- 5/16 Rings per sq. ft: ~325
1. Lay 4 tabs as 2 sets back to back. (Using 1/4 rings until step 8.)
2. Connect the top half.
3. Lay 2 tabs on the bottom half.
4. Then place another ring through the tabs you just added.
5. Make a few of these pairs.
6. Then connect said pairs into a few bands.
7. This is how we intend to have the bands laid out.
8. To do this flip the band over, now here’s where you get the 5/16 ring. You place it through the middle bar of the bottom tab ash shown, making sure it goes through the 2 upper tabs bottom half.
9. You then connect the other band through the top half. (Note this is similar to TabScale Inverse.)
10. Then you move onto the next tab and place a ring the same way.
11. And connect it so that it makes a triangle like shape between the 3 rings.
12. Then it’s simply continuing on down the line.
13. Flipped over it should look like this (You can see less rings than the other side.)
14. And it’s just connecting more bands either length wise by adding a band, or connecting a new band to an existing one.
Welcome!My name is John Andrews and this is my personal site. It's mostly about video games I've worked on, but also has a bunch of stuff on chainmail with soda cans, and anime reviews. Feel free to download, play, and contact me about these games, or anything else - like giraffes.