126 Oak Street Meriden, CT 06450
Cell: (203) 935-6217
A position within a game development company as a software engineer or designer using my various knowledge and expertise to work on interactive media projects.
May 2011 Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester MA
B.S. Interactive Media and Game Development with a Technical (Programming) Focus. Minor in Writing and Rhetoric. GPA 3.29
Project Work: Worked on various in-school projects with the goal of making a game within a 2-5 person team ranging from 1 week to 21 weeks
- Rawshark – 3D Shooter/platformer with grappling hook made in C4
- Various “Micro Games” made in a single week using a lua-based engine call Perlenspiel
- Death by Owl – 3D Action/Survival game made in Unity
- Final senior project (Obscura) – 3D puzzle game made with Source Engine over 7 months with complete story, puzzles, and gameplay
Related Coursework: Software Engineering, Game Design, Game Development Process, Storytelling in Video Games, Art of Animation, HCI in Video Games, Game Audio, Various Writing and Rhetoric courses
- Languages: C/C++, Lua, C#, Java
- Game Engines: Worked in SourceSDK, Unity, C4, Perlenspiel, XNA
- Programs: Maya, Photoshop, ProTools, Premiere, Visual Studio, Audacity
Dec. 2007 WPI Bowling Alley, Worcester MA
to May 2011 (Work Study Position)
Maintained lanes, handled customer needs, trained new workers
June 2007 Unholtz Dickie Co. Wallingford CT
to Aug 2010 (Summer Position)
Assembly, soldering, wiring, and repair of electronic equipment/parts.
Welcome!My name is John Andrews and this is my personal site where I sort of just place things. See the about page where you can find links to other stuff I do, or check out Games page for stuff here.